UCAT Registration & Booking
In 2020, the UCAT will be delivered both in Pearson VUE test centres throughout the UK and internationally and as an online-proctored test (UCAT Online).
Whilst the global situation is difficult to predict, we currently anticipate having good availability at our test centres across the world. However, given uncertainty regarding the ongoing impact of COVID 19, we strongly advise you to test as early as possible. Further COVID 19 restrictions remain a significant possibility which could impact on test centre availability later in the cycle. If these occur, we may have to reschedule candidates or advise them to test at home. The best way of avoiding this is to test early.
Test appointments will be in demand. We need your support to ensure that every candidate can book an appointment. Please help us by:
- Registering and sitting your test as early as possible.
- Only rescheduling your test if there is an unavoidable reason.
If you need to change, reschedule or cancel your appointment, please see our information on rescheduling and cancelling.
Each year some candidates book a late test and encounter problems when they fall ill or experience other issues preventing them from taking that testing slot. This can be avoided by booking to take the test early. We advise that all candidates read the information on Mitigating Circumstances carefully.
You may only take the test once in any test cycle. Any instances of multiple testing in the same year will be treated as an example of unprofessional behaviour.
Candidates in financial need may apply for a UCAT Bursary to cover the full test fee.
Please complete this two-step process using the Pearson VUE online registration system to register and book a test.
Step 1: Register
Registration opens: 9am, 1 July 2020
Registration closes: midday, 17 September 2020
You need to register and create a web account with Pearson VUE before you can book your test.
- You are not able to create an account until registration opens. Before this date, you will see this message "The feature that you are trying to access is blocked. Please try again later."
- Please register for your test personally – this cannot be done by a school/college.
- You may only create one account; multiple accounts are not permitted.
- Please register with your legal name exactly as it appears on the photo identification you intend to present at your test. If there is not an exact match, you may be unable to test and you may not be reimbursed your test fee. Please ensure that when you register with UCAS your name is the same, so that your results can be matched to your application.
- When you create an account, you will need to provide information requested in this questionnaire. You may need to ask your parent(s)/carer(s) for assistance in answering the questions.
- Your registration email should arrive quickly (but can take up to a maximum of 24 hours). Please ensure you check your junk/spam folders as it may have been diverted there. If it has not arrived after 24 hours please contact Pearson VUE Customer Services.
Step 2: Booking a Test
Booking opens: 9am, 1 July 2020
Web booking closes: midday, 17 September 2020
Final booking deadline: midday, 30 September 2020
When the registration process is complete, you will be sent an email containing a password that will allow you to login to your Pearson VUE account to book your test.
You should book a standard test unless you are eligible for extra time in public exams. Please see the section on Access Arrangements for more information. It is your responsibility to book the correct test.
Booking the UCAT Online (OnVUE)
To schedule the UCAT Online select the option to take your exam “At a home or office”. If you are under 18, make sure your test slot is convenient for your parent/guardian. They will need to be present (with their photo ID) during the check-in process to consent to you testing.
Booking the UCAT at a Pearson VUE Test Centre
If you want to schedule your UCAT at a Pearson VUE test centre, select the option to take your exam “At a local test centre”. You do not need to be accompanied to the test centre by a parent/guardian if you are under 18.
You can use the Test Centre Locator to find they our nearest centre. You simply enter your location (your postcode, town or other identifier) and the Test Centre Locator will display your nearest test centres on a map, along with the address, and distance from your location.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the scheduling process.
- The test fee is payable at the time of booking by major credit card (Visa, Mastercard or UK Visa debit card) or UCAT bursary voucher.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your test appointment, you will be sent a confirmation email that will provide you with your appointment details.
You can make a web booking until midday on 17 September. We expect all candidates to have booked their test by this date.
After web booking closes you must phone Pearson VUE Customer Services (+44 (0)161 855 7409) to book a test. Although you can do this up to the final booking deadline (midday, 30 September), the availability of appointments will be extremely limited in the last weeks of testing. Customer Services may not be able to find you a convenient appointment. We therefore do not advise that you wait until this time to book a test. You cannot book a test by email.