COVID-19 (coronavirus) latest update
On Wednesday, March 11, the World Health Organization classified COVID-19 (coronavirus) as a pandemic. The UCAT Consortium is continuing to monitor the global situation as it relates to UCAT delivery in 2020 (for entry to University in 2021). Working alongside our business partner Pearson VUE, we will act in accordance with all government mandates and official recommendations to safeguard our candidates around the world.
We are conscious that schools and colleges in the UK and elsewhere are currently closed. We do not want to make firm decisions about 2020 testing until we have confidence that the UK’s education system is returning to normal. It is important that our candidates have the support of their teachers and advisors when making decisions about and preparing to take the UCAT.
We fully expect testing to go ahead in 2020. However, candidates will appreciate that in the current climate we cannot predict when our test centres in the UK and internationally will be operating as normal. It is likely therefore that timelines for testing will shift from those which usually apply. We expect registration and booking to open later than normal, and it is likely we will start testing later than our usual July start.
We are liaising closely with our Consortium medical and dental schools; any decision to delay 2020 testing will be made in consultation with these Universities.
We will update our website as soon as we are able with any new information regarding delivery of the UCAT in 2020.
Information and advice on taking the UCAT, including preparation materials are still available on our website.
Please also follow us on social media for more immediate updates.
This statement is being reviewed on a daily basis and reflects the current situation at week commencing 30 March 2020.