You may sit the UCAT at a Pearson VUE Test Centre or at home using Pearson VUE’s online proctoring service (UCAT Online). Our dual delivery model ensures you will have the opportunity to take the UCAT in 2020, despite ongoing challenges resulting from the COVID 19 pandemic.
Given uncertainty regarding the ongoing impact of COVID 19, we strongly advise you to test as early as possible. Further COVID 19 restrictions remain a significant possibility which could impact on test centre availability later in the cycle. If these occur, we may have to reschedule candidates or advise them to test at home. The best way of avoiding this is to test early.
Please think carefully about where you want to test:
- Technical Requirements A minority of candidates taking the test at home have encountered technical issues. In most cases this is because they have either not run the System Test (to check equipment meets the minimum standard) or have encountered connectivity issues during testing. Before booking your test at home it is essential that you run the System Test and consider whether your internet connection is robust enough to support you taking the UCAT without interruption. If you have any doubts about testing at home, we would advise you to cancel your online test and book your test at a test centre.
- Where will you perform your best? You may have a preference for a more relaxed testing environment and choose to test at home. On the other hand, you are probably more used to being assessed in formal environments and perhaps prefer to test in a test centre.
- Do you require access arrangements including longer versions of the test? Whilst you can sit these versions of the test at home, longer versions of the test are more suited to delivery in test centres. Please refer to our Access Arrangements page for further information.
- Do you have the required ID to test in your preferred location? ID requirements for Test Centres and UCAT Online are different. Please refer to the Candidate Guides to check you can meet the ID requirements of your preferred location.
To sit the UCAT Online you will need:
- The correct technical equipment and to run the System Test to check your equipment meets minimum requirements.
- Access to a quiet room where you will not be disturbed for the duration of your test
- A stable internet connection.
- For under 18s only, a parent/guardian (with approved ID) to be present when you begin your UCAT Online.
Once you have decided where you would like to sit your test, please refer to the appropriate Candidate Guide below which contain detailed information on each option. Some processes regarding booking your test and your test day experience differ.
Your wellbeing continues to be at the forefront of our decisions. We are working with Pearson VUE to ensure we follow current government requirements and guidance to safeguard our candidates around the world.
We understand this is a challenging time for candidates both personally and educationally. We are here to support you through the process of testing in 2020. Most questions should be answered in the Candidate Guides or on our updated FAQs page, but please do not hesitate to contact us or ask us a question via our social media channels.